Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sister Baker Arrives in Texas Houston South Mission

President & Sister Ashton and Family
with incoming missionaries 4/9/13
Houston Texas South Mission


April 9, 2013

Dear Family!

Well, I made it to Houston safely! We flew from SLC to Dallas, where I got to talk to mom and dad. Then we had a VERY short flight from Dallas to Houston. Seriously, as soon as we got up to cruising speeds then we were descending again.

We landed in Houston, got off the plane, and headed to the baggage claim where we met President and Sister Ashton. I absolutely love them already! We all got our luggage and loaded it into a trailer. They handed us sack lunches and we loaded into the car. We went to a church building in the mission and had a quick devotional then they sent us out “running” with some of the missionaries. Basically running is going out and doing OYM (Open Your Mouth). So we all just spread out from the church and contacted as many people as possible. It was awesome to have a real teaching experience so soon.

Then we went to the mission home. President and Sister Ashton have a BEAUTIFUL home! They are so sweet! They have seven kids that we will meet later.

It’s 5:00 pm and I’m already exhausted. It is HOT and HUMID here. Goodbye cardigans! I am so happy and I love it here. I’ll meet my trainer tomorrow! Hopefully she is GREAT! I love you all! I’ll try to send pictures on P-day on Monday! Write me emails!

All my love,
Sister Baker J

No comments:

Post a Comment