Friday, August 9, 2013

"...no matter what, we have planted a seed"

Melbourne Missionary Moments – 8/5/13

Well, another week has come and gone. This week we kind of hit a wall. The past two weeks have been so good with baptisms each week, so I kind of expected to have a slower week.

Basically everyone that we have been teaching dropped us this week. It's really sad when people decide to drop us but there's not a lot we can do about it. I just have kept a positive attitude and tried to remember that we have to weed out those who are not really interested and committed to find those who are really prepared. And I know that no matter what, we have planted a seed in the hearts of those people that I may not see the fruits of but someone down the line will. 

Because so many people dropped us we did A LOT of finding this week. Gotta love tracting. I don't know if I told you but here in Australia there are heaps of people who have these security screen doors that make it so they can see us but we can't see them. I hate those stinkin’ doors. It's so awkward when you're talking to some mystery person. I never know where to direct my eyes or my voice. It's like teaching a wall. So we are always singing praises when we go to doors without them!

Naomi is doing so well. I am constantly amazed at her strength. She is learning and growing every day. She wants this for her sons so badly and is living by example. We are praying really hard that her sons will have a desire to follow in her footsteps and that we can teach them as well. She always sends us sms messages that completely make my day:
 
"I am finding the power of faith and prayer astounding a little more every day. Thank you for coming into my life."

She is my biggest miracle of the mission so far for sure. 

Also a big miracle this week, we were teaching our family on Saturday night and we taught about the temple. They set a date and are preparing to be sealed as a family on February 5th! I could not be more excited for them. I have grown to love their family so much and I can't wait to see them sealed for time and all eternity together in the temple.

This week is the last week of this transfer. I feel like my companion and I are going to be split up. I have no idea what will happen. I love this ward and this area. I will be really really sad if I have to leave but I know that the Lord will put me where he needs me.

Well, that's about it for this week. I love you all heaps! I know that the Lord is blessing ALL of us while Phillip and I are serving. Look for the tender mercies that happen every day because they definitely do happen daily. 

Love ya'll heaps!


Sister Baker
Look Mom! You're in Australia!
A&W Rootbeer at Filipino Shop - It tastes like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment